Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1 - PM8

Jeff Stevens jeff1132 at charter.net
Tue Jan 18 13:49:00 UTC 2005

I just installed FC3, first time using Disk Druid to Auto partition and
second time setting up patitions myself using Partition Magic 8.  I got
the partitions created OK both times, but now when I dual boot over to
WinXP and run the Win version of Partition Magic to look at the
partitions, it complains that it has detected an error.

PM8 says the starting LBA value and the CHS value need to be equal (they
are not).  It goes on to say it has verified the LBA value and offers to
fix the CHS value.   I didn't let it fix anything, but now I'm not sure
PM8 is going to be able to resize the partitions, because it can't see
any free space on my ext3 partitions (and I do have free space).
--
Jeffrey Stevens
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D2E5A4E8