network filesystems (mount via ftp)?

Christopher J. Bottaro cjbottaro at alumni.cs.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 18 18:50:00 UTC 2005

I can mount smb filesystems out of the box in FC3, why not ftp?  How can I
mount ftp filesystems?  I just want to say "mount -t
ftpfs //ftp.blah.blah /mnt/blah".  Ftp seems so much simpler than smb, why
can't FC3 do this outta the box without installing other software?

Also, what software is good for doing this?  All I see is lufs and
avfs...both of which seem very outdated (i.e. their last releases were 3+
years ago).  Also, I can't figure out if avfs is now fuse or if it depends
on fuse now or what.

Thanks for the help.