Conflicts with new packages? (NetworkManager and wireless-tools)

Aleksandar Milivojevic amilivojevic at pbl.ca
Tue Jan 18 18:57:24 UTC 2005

David Hoffman wrote:
> So the NEW NetworkManager requires a file that is only provided by the
> OLD wireless-tools. And that means that both files cannot be upgraded
> to the most recent released versions.

Hm, haven't noticed that one, but that is probably because I got rid of
NetworkManager some time ago.

Are you actually using functionality provided by NetworkManager?  If
not, remove it and update wireless-tools (if you have wireless in the
box, if not get rid of that one too).  If you are actually using
NetworkManager features, you'll have to wait until this dependency
problem is resolved (I wouldn't be surprised to see update for
NetworkManager as soon as today or tommorow, but you never know, it
might take longer).  There's no workaround.  Forcing the update of
wireless-tools would likely cause NetworkManager to stop functioning.