Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Timothy Payne tim at tmpco.com
Wed Jan 19 02:43:38 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 10:35 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 07:18:53AM -0800, Timothy Payne wrote:
> > > Did you get an error dialog about the partition table? If so, this is the
> > > bug with parted and the 2.6 kernel. Not a disk druid design flaw.

> > Is this why my FC3 no longer understands the geometry of my drives?
>
> Probably, yeah. It's a nasty mess.

Everything was going fine, I went from 2 - 3 no problems.  Then it
started having brain damage that I thought I inflicted, until I tried to
install a program yesterday from the CD set and it freaked about the
drive.  I'll assume enough people are screaming about it and wait.

Thanks
Tim...

BTW how long are you guys going to beat on this disk druid thing?

--
DET. ROBERT THORN (Charlton Heston): "Soylent Green is people!"
SOYLENT GREEN, MGM, 1973