DNS issues in FC3

Bill Cronk ngc4013 at cox.net
Wed Jan 19 10:18:04 UTC 2005

In multiple installatoins I have noticed that upon activating the tools
to build a DNS server, that in most cases the tool will not save the
changes and I end up having to hit the "X" to close out the tool. I am
aware that if certain data is not entered the tool notifies you of the
error, but this is different.

Basically all I have done is create a new domain zone such as
part1.part2.part3, add in a name server, then create a new reverse zone
such as 192.168.20., add in a name server, then hit save and quit. Upon
trying to quit the message window comes up asking me to save and quit,
cancel, or continue. None of these do the right thing and upon quiting
the tool, I find that even though I have hit save once, twice or more,
the changes were never made.

Any suggestions?

Bill