Quake II for Fedora Core 3

David L Norris dave at webaugur.com
Wed Jan 19 10:34:58 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 09:47 +0100, Rolf Fokkens wrote:
> Inspired by a sense of nostalgia I decided to get my Quake II running
> on FC3.

I was also playing with Quake2 last night.  It seems to be very buggy.
I also noticed that the sound in the new Loki installer version was
horrible on FC3.  When I try to use it fullscreen with my Nvidia card
(proprietary drivers) it segfaults with a VidMode extension problem.  If
I use the SDL version it segfaults during sound initialization.

So, I compiled quake2-r0.16 myself.  With this build the sound works
perfectly.  Fullscreen and the SDL version still segfault.  However, the
non-SDL version works reasonably well in a window.  Although, it
eventually segfaulted after about 10 minutes.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/