GNOME File Selection

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:46:34 UTC 2005

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:46:52 +0100, Thomas Zehetbauer
<thomasz at hostmaster.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder if I am the only one who considers the current GNOME file
> selection dialog highly counter-productive and counter-intuitive.

read the recent threads on firefox using the gnome file dialog box for
glorious details on this. we dont want yet another thread on the same
topic.

> Instead of just typing the file name as with previous versions I need to
> additionally open the file system browser and locate the (same) target
> folder for every file.

use control+L to bring a location dialog box. gnome 2.10 will have a
context menu option for this

> PS: If this is a plot to make file selection worse than windoof, it
> succeeded :-(((

rest assured it wasnt.

--
Regards,