Why does dovecot require mysql?

Rahul Sundaram rahulsundaram at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 10:51:53 UTC 2005

Hi

> The only problem I have with this, is that Windows XP is running about
> four to five times *faster* on my old laptop, than FC3 with GNOME.

not just because of features. there are several other reasons why this
could be a problem

1)xfree86 lived in a cave for a long time
2) performance enhancements are of less priority and more involved
than adding new features. any help would of course be appreciated

> I wouldn't call this a progress.  Something to think about next time
> more bloat is added.

nope. we shouldnt stop adding features to better optimise the system.
we should optimise those features to peform better instead.

--
Regards,
Rahul Sundaram