Understanding Sendmail/Cyrus-imap installation... AAAAAHHHHH!!!

Mark Weaver mdw1982 at mdw1982.com
Wed Jan 19 17:29:31 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Mark Weaver wrote:
>
>> And I have been "reading" the mc file. As I mentioned I've been away
>> from Sendmail for a considerable amount of time concentrating on a
>> host of other things and not spending every waking moment on Sendmail
>> config.
>>

>> I've tried setting this line a two different ways.
>>     Other     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1,
>> Name=MTA')dnl    yields an SMTP connection refused message.
>>
>>     Other     DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=25,Addr=192.168.0.4,
>> Name=MTA')dnl    yields a password dialog box from the client that
>> isn't accepted by the service on the other end. Which is exactly why
>> I've been chasing my tail as I have.
>>
>> Thank you for the sendmail.org/faq link. I hadn't thought to look
>> there.  :)
>

> Just comment out (start with "dnl") the DAEMON_OPTIONS line.
>
> If you want clients on your LAN to be able to relay mail through your
> server (as opposed to just deliver mail to it), add the following line
> to /etc/mail/access and then run "make -C /etc/mail"
>
> 192.168.0    RELAY
>
> Paul.

Hi Paul,

I've really got to learn "not" to be so micro-focused. As soon as I
turned off the authentication in the client things started working as
they should. DOH!!

I guess I'm going to have to start making the coffee much stronger in
the mornings. Thanks for the info.

--
Mark

"If you have found a very wise man, then you've found
a man that at one time was an idiot and lived long enough
to learn from his own stupidity."