Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Emmanuel Seyman seyman at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jan 20 00:58:54 UTC 2005

On Wed, Jan 19, 2005 at 06:45:09PM -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:

> Anyway, I did get it to go past DD finally, and the install then
> proceeded just fine, till it got to openoffice at the head of cd #2.
> It reported the media was full and aborted the install, so I rebooted

???

Did you run mediacheck on that CD?
If it passes, can you repeat this crash (at the same point of installation)?
Are you 100% sure your RAM isn't flaky?

Can you repeat this if you let DD auto-partition your drive (yes,
I'm aware you don't agree with DD regarding partition, we're just
trying to reproduce the crash at this point)?

> Like I said, DD boggles the mind.  What do I do next?

You bypassed DD, remember?

Emmanuel