Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 20 02:32:03 UTC 2005

Gene Heskett said:
[snip]
> Well, in the instant install I'm doing, I did set /boot up
> as /dev/hdb1, and as far as the install got, it actually did put the
> bootfiles in it.  So in this case it did not move anything.  But, its also
> ignoreing the 4GB /root partition, putting the /root dir on /.
> Thats a genuine bug as far as I'm concerned.

As others have pointed out this is a specific case that is designed to not
work.  File a bug if you feel that strongly about it, but don't get upset
if it gets closed NOTABUG.

> Its also bailed out on
> the first file from disk 2, claiming there is no disk space left

This has nothing to do with Disk Druid.

It seems to me that in the FC1 time frame there were some issues with
specific chipsets that you had to use "linux ide=nodma" (I think) to get
installed.  Maybe that bug has come back?  Check bugzilla and report it if
this is repeatable on your system.

--
William Hooper