Booting

fly over fly_over at soon.com
Thu Jan 20 05:42:31 UTC 2005

Hi Chad,
i searched out about boot loader, i found Grub in my system. with following contents in grub.conf :

# grub.conf generated by anaconda
#
# NOTICE:  You have a /boot partition.  This means that
#          all kernel and initrd paths are relative to /boot/, eg.
#          root (hd0,6)
#          kernel /vmlinuz-version ro root=/dev/hda10
#          initrd /initrd-version.img
#boot=/dev/hda
default=0
timeout=5
splashimage=(hd0,6)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
hiddenmenu
title Fedora Core (2.6.9-1.667)
        root (hd0,6)
        kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.9-1.667 ro root=LABEL=/ rhgb quiet
        initrd /initrd-2.6.9-1.667.img
title Other
        rootnoverify (hd0,0)
        chainloader +1

> Hi guys,

> I'm facing prob after FC 3 installation. the prob is when i boots
> the system it directly boot the FC 3 and doesn't display the
> options of Linux  and Windows. Please tell me how to fix this prob.
>
> Thankx in advance.

Are you using lilo or grub?

Chad