boot / startup problem

Kinsey rkinzilo at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 20 08:07:59 UTC 2005

New to Linux, I successfully have used the Suse retail
distribution, but someone suggested I try Fedora, so I
have downloaded installed the latest Fedora but it
goes through a process of appearing to boot up, then
asks for a "localuser logon." I did not assign any
username or logon except for the root password, and
have been unable so far to locate any FAQ help that
addresses this. Is there a command or default username
and password that I'm not aware of that will either
allow me to log on or do away with this process and
allow completion of the boot process. Suse did not
present this problem.
AMD64 bit processor, Gigabyte mobo with nvidia
chipset, gigabyte/nvidia video card, 1.5 gigabytes of ram.