Networking advice

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Thu Jan 20 14:48:05 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-19-01 at 17:23 -0500, Leonard Isham wrote:
> Internet
> DSL Modem or Internet Router
> Firewall----Tenant-2
> Tenant-1
>
> Firewall each tenant from the other tenants.  Give each tenant a
> different RFC 1918 address range.  Use a Switch capable of trunking,
> and a Ethernet card capable of trunking in the firewall to allow
> multiple  VLANs on one physical connection.

I actually considered something like this, but what about those tenants
that require a public IP?  Wouldn't a separate NIC be required on the
firewall to bridge the connection for each tenant?  In that case, PCI
slots would eventually run out (or there may be IRQ conflicts).

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Ranbir
--