Incorrect MD5SUM

Deron Meranda deron.meranda at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 00:36:29 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:25:58 -0400, Jorge Fábregas <fabregasj at prtc.net> wrote:
> On Thursday 20 January 2005 3:13 pm, Kam Leo wrote:
> >  One of the problems in the past was that Download Manager
> > would download a file into the temp directory and then copy
> > the file to the destination folder
>
> I'm wondering what's behind this. What is the logic reason for downloading
> first to /tmp and then move it to desired location?

I may have been wrong about that.  I'm now not seeing it actually
downloading anything (except the HTTP response headers) until
after you pick the pathname.  I thought, perhaps mistakenly, that
before it would actually start downloading; getting a head start.

> location but putting a suffic ".part" or something like that to let you know
> it is not done.

The .part suffix is to try to keep people or applications from attempting
to open and use the file before it has been completely downloaded.

--
Deron Meranda