Newbie question - sharing files on dual-boot XP and FC3

Duncan Lithgow duncan at lithgow-schmidt.dk
Fri Jan 21 16:18:00 UTC 2005

> Shared VFAT is a good solution. However, if you sometimes need to get
> some file from the other OS, and, and dont want to wait to reboot into
> it in order to get it to the FAT partition, than reboot back into the
> OS you are working on, you would probably want to usethose:
>
> 1. Read (only) NTFS from Linux
> http://linux-ntfs.sourceforge.net/rpm/downloads.html
>
> 2. Read (only) ext2fs/ext3fs from Windows
> http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm
>
> Regards,
>
> Andro

Sure, but what I've done is to move ALL my user data into the vfat
partition. So I never have to boot to windows just to get something. I
did have a read only ntfs kernel installed but never actually used it -
so i've dropped it now.

I'm now very happy with fc3 and my vfat data.

Anyone able to tell me how to move /home to the bfat partition by
default? It would sort of make more sense given the way I use the system...

Duncan