Postfix or Sendmail?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Jan 21 23:41:12 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 00:28, Steven Stern wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 23:22:15 -0500, "Scot L. Harris" <webid at cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >For instance with sendmail I have used milter-greylist very
> >successfully to block most spam.  Also setup spamassassin to catch the
> >few spam that get past greylisting.
>
> Since I started using milter-greylist, spamassassin is getting lonely.  It
> mopes around in the back corners of my server, ordering pizza after pizza and
> occasionally wandering across the street for a donut.  I may have to turn
> milter-greylist off so spamassassin feels needed again.

As long as spamassassin pays for it's own pizza that should not be a
problem.  :)

I have been amazed at just how effective greylisting is.  Until you
actually see it it is very hard to believe.

I still like keeping spamassassin around, defense in depth.  :)

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Great American Axiom:
	Some is good, more is better, too much is just right.