Linux Password Manager

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 18:09:45 UTC 2005

jim lawrence wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:57:51 -0400, Jorge Fábregas <fabregasj at prtc.net> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday 22 January 2005 12:35 pm, Rich wrote:
>>
>>>I am looking for a password manager. I would like to find one that creates
>>>passwords, uses an encryption algorithm such as Blowfish, and can
>>>automatically insert a user name and password. I would appreciate any
>>>recommendations.
>>

>>https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-December/msg04524.html
>>
>>--
>>

> password manager   how do i lauch it?  How can I get to be listed in
> <the applications?

Right-click the top panel, choose "Add Panel..." and then choose "Custom
Application Launcher." Name it "Password Manager." The command is
/usr/bin/pwmanager, if your installation went the way mine did.

Once you start it, you should have a system tray icon, right next to
your RHN icon (the checkmark/screamer dot).

Beyond that--just play around with it.

Apparently, the preferred desktop is KDE--the Password Manager Handbook
won't load in GNOME. But the features seem to work, thus far.

Temlakos