SUMMARY: Creating a bootable CD or DVD for Fedora 3...

Alan :) alan at esu.edu
Mon Jan 24 17:54:58 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org> for his prompt answer.
He indicated to burn the CD as an *IMAGE*

For a boot CD, here is what I did:
1) Using "NERO5" (Ahead Software AG, Version 5.5.10.17 MPC). Running XP SP2.
  o- A wizard starts.
     oo- CD/Compile a new CD/Other CD formats/Create a CD from an image File/Finish
2) or form nero's "File" menu option. Select "Burn image. These instructions are
   described in the link that Paul suggested:
http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/distributions/e-smith/docs/howto/CD_burning_howto.php3#AEN90

For a bootable DVD I did the following:
Using "Sonic Record Now!" version 7.21. Running on XP SP2.
1) Start/Run: RecordNow.exe
   o- Click on "Burn Image"...

Thanks also to Christian Langer and David Hoffman for their quick response.

-- Alan Angulo
Systems Administrator
East Stroudsburg University
e-mail: alan at esu.edu