fglrx and AGP vs PCI-X

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Mon Jan 24 20:39:57 UTC 2005

Gain,
    I meant PCI-E. What concerns me is that I recall the struggles
Linux went through to get agpgart support working and I am tad
concerned about how PCI-E is related to the agpgart code in the
Linux kernel. That is does the fglrx kernel extension just consider
PCI-E as a varient of AGP? I know I can get around 2000 fps in
glxgears with a Radeon 9600-XT card on AGP-8x and want to make
sure that the same level of speed boost will be available from
the fglrx driver when using a Radeon X800 Pro on PCI-E. I've
not had any luck in finding a discussion of what the equivalent
for drivers/char/agp is for PCI-E in the linux kernel.
                  Jack