Disk Druid - Fedora flame #1

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jan 25 00:22:36 UTC 2005

On Monday 24 January 2005 18:43, William Hooper wrote:
>Gene Heskett said:
>[snip]
>
>> All very well and good Scot, provided one can do an ctl+alt+F2 and
>> get a shell.  At the time I was stymied and came unwrapped about
>> being forced to use DD against my will, all a ctl+alt+Fx would get
>> me is a blank screen with no prompt.  I've repeated that install
>> several times also, and it seems it works about half the time over
>> a several day period.
>
>Bugzilla ID?

Nope, I'll strip out a pci card that thinks its an ISA card before I
repeat this again.  Its a triple 82C55 i/o board I'm trying to write
drivers for.  Its reports in on the pci scan as device 00:008:00 has
an invalid header.  I have serious doubts its the problem, but who
knows...

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)