2 users on one FC3 system?

Nifty Hat Mitch mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 25 04:24:34 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:38:42AM -0500, Analog Kid wrote:
>    Is it possible for the two of us to work on the same system (i.e.
> CPU) simultaneously under different user logins? We do have 2
> monitors, 2 keyboards and 2 mouses. What is the best way to accomplish
> this task so that we both can share the available computing power
> simultaneously? Do we have to build a mini-LAN? In that case would we
> need another CPU?
>
>    Any inputs will be appreciated.

Two display cards (monitors), two keyboards, two mice two seats
is not easy to get working.  I have never seen it done satisfactorly...
little stuff like audio will bother you.

You will find that it is easier to take advantage of X windows and or
NFS from a modest machine to your bigger box.  A point to point mini
LAN with no DNS can be quick.

You will not have two AGP slots, a second GFX card on PCI would be
very SLOW so even if you got it working one seat will be lesser
than the first.

Others have commented on potential issues with software licensing.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	spam unwanted email.