How to change Default Email App?

Glenn McKechnie graybeard at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 25 08:42:15 UTC 2005

Dave wrote:
> On Monday 24 January 2005 11:59 pm, Glenn McKechnie wrote:
> > Dave wrote:
> > > Anybody know how to set KMail to come up when I click a mailto: link,
> > > instead of Evolution? Is that a per-app process, or is there somewhere I
> > > can just change one setting?
> >
> > Applications -> Preferences -> MorePreferences -> PreferedApplications
>
>  Err ... where's the 'top' of that branch? I have no top-level menu labelled
> "Applications," and can't find a branch like that under another. It's not
> under "Preferences", "Control Center," "Utilities," "System Tools," "System
> Settings," or anywhere else I can think to look ...

What fedora version are you running? I'm running FC3 here and
applications is the start of the main drop down menu, under fc2 it's up
one level in Applications -> Preferences -> PreferedApplications, if it's
fc1 I have no idea.

The actual name of that application is gnome-default-applications-properties
so fire up a terminal and see if it exists on your install, it comes as part
of the control-center rpm (control-center-2.8.0-12 for fc3)

> >  SCO delenda est
>
>  I'll drink to that ...

Looks like it will take a while though.

--