Blocking Ip address ranges

Tim Alberts talberts at msiscales.com
Tue Jan 25 18:41:15 UTC 2005

I thought portsentry, hostsentry, logsentry (aka trisentry) were bought
up and licensing issues ensued.  I've seen them being maintained at
sourceforge, but only logcheck and portsentry have downloads and updates
haven't been posted in almost 2 years?  Are these programs still
useable?

I've also heard that snort.org is an outstanding program with great
capabilities.  I've haven't personally learned how to use it yet.  You
can actually find books on Amazon etc how to use this pig...and from
what I've read, it is a pig to configure and work with...