First steps to configure ADSL connection

Leandro Melo ltcmelo at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 21:59:48 UTC 2005

Hi, thanks for your answer and your attention, but that's not what i'm
really looking for.
I'll try to clarify my question.
I already have all the physical stuff set up, as i already use my adsl
connection on windows xp.
I have recently started Fedora and beyond the fact i'm a linux
beginner, i've never used fedora or red hat before. However, i've
worked a bit with a brazilian distro (called conectiva). In conectiva
distro there was a tool to install rpm packages. So i did install the
rp-pppoe package and then run a fill scripts to configure the
connection.
That's exactly what i want to do with Fedora! BUT....
- I'm a complete beginer.
- Where should i get the rp-pppoe package?
- What's the fedora way of installing rpms?
- After that, should i run the "adsl-setup" script, or there's someother thing?
Well, sorry for my stupidness!!
Any help is appreciated!