can not connect to the data base using PHP

dan info at hostinthebox.net
Wed Jan 26 17:51:33 UTC 2005

Jorge Castaneda wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I installed the MYSQL4.1 in my fresh FC3.
>
>   But I can not connect to the data base using PHP. Can you help me
>   with this (the script works in other servers with MySQL4.1)?.
>
>   The PHP version is the default that comes with FC3. The necessary
>   standard packages to work with PHP, Apache and MySQL together are
>   installed.
>
>   Thank you in advance.
>
> Jorge Castañeda.

I believe that there is a seperate item, php-mysql, that needs to be
installed as well.  I know that in FC1 Legacy this is required, which I
normally use.  Look for a missing yum package named 'php-mysql' or
something similar.

Please pardon my ignorance on this subject, as I usually do Apache, PHP,
and MySQL from source.  It just makes upgrading those parts easier.

Thanks
-dant