creating a sysv script

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Jan 27 14:51:38 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-27 at 07:19 -0500, Christopher K. Johnson wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
>
> >my problem is that my sysv script (called relay) hangs at the point
> >where it wants to  initlog -q -c /usr/local/sbin/relaydelay.pl    and
> >this obviously comes from the code in /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions. If I
> >kill the neverending process...everything is fine and the program is
> >launched BUT - it never detaches from the terminal. i.e.
> >

> In the start stanza try changing the daemon line so the program
> ultimately run by initlog will be backgrounded:
>
> daemon $prog &
----
outputs...

Config file & does not exist at /usr/local/sbin/relaydelay.pl line 933.
                                                           [FAILED]

I guess I am asking if someone can help guide me through the
'initscripts' methodology - most specifically, I'm getting caught by the
routine that automatically runs the initlog -q command from
within /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

Craig