Installing a bootloader after the fact

Trey Sizemore trey at fastmail.fm
Thu Jan 27 15:44:58 UTC 2005

I installed Fedora Core 3 via ftp on a second drive configured as a
slave.  It would be accessed in a multiboot environment using a boot
manager like GAG.  So I didn't install a boot loader thinking that GAG
would handle this.

But when GAG identifies the Fedora / partition on this drive and I
attempt to boot from it, I get an error stating: "Boot sector not found
or invalid."

So my question is, without reinstalling, can I go back and install a
boot loader on the / partition of the Fedora install on the second disk?

Thanks.

--
Cheers,
Trey

Adversity is the trial of principle.
Without it, a man hardly knows whether he is honest or not.
-- Henry Fielding

10:44AM up 33 mins, 0 users, load averages: 0.09, 0.12, 0.14
FreeBSD salamander.thesizemores.net 5.3-STABLE i386