Installing mysql-4.1.9-1 in FC3

David Hoffman dhoffman2004 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 18:58:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 19:50:33 +0100, Remi Collet <liste at famillecollet.com> wrote:
> Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu a écrit :
> > 1. Where can I get the mysql compatibility rpm from?
>
> Download mysqlclient10-3.23.58... from devel, rebuild it and install it
> at the same time than mysql-4.1.9.

OUCH... Why do that when mysql.com already provides a compat package?

Nothing to rebuild. Just do what Paul stated earlier. Download the
compat RPM from mysql.com:
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQL-4.1/MySQL-shared-compat-4.1.9-0.i386.rpm/from/pick

Install that one first, so that the libmysqlclient.so.10 files are there.
Then you remove your old mysql stuff with "rpm -e" and install the new
packages (also downloaded from mysql.com) with "rpm -i".

If you try to do "rpm -U" to upgrade, it probably won't completely
work because the package names are different between the 3.23.xx
version that came with Fedora and the new versions from mysql.com.

David