Newbie in need of serious help

Fritz Whittington f.whittington at att.net
Thu Jan 27 19:44:17 UTC 2005

On or about 2005-01-27 05:53, Christopher Carr whipped out a trusty #2
pencil and scribbled:

> Well, No luck so far. I have read a lot of great messages from
> everyone and you all are wonderful. I may just have to upgrade to a
> multifunction unit that works with Linux, Truly do not want to go back
> to Windows. Thanks for all the advice follks.

You might try finding a flea-market machine that you can pick up for a
few bucks.  Something that is just able to run some version of Windows
and the printer.  Then use Samba and CUPS to connect to the Linux
machine.   (This presumes you can scan under Windows and transfer files
over the network to the other machine.)   Unless you have a ready market
for selling your current MFC, this might be cheaper than buying a new one.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org