Pl 5000 Install

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 22:40:11 UTC 2005

Robert Slade wrote:
> The beast is a Quad Processor PII with a Compaq Smart -2/P controller
> and the CD is a Yamaha CRW2100S on the Second port of the Controller.
>
> From Gogling, I have found that the problem with RH in older versions
> did not have support for the SCSI controller built in (NCR53c8xx?).

Hmm. Any chance you can get it to do a network install? You might find
this a lot easier than getting the installer to recognise the CD.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
James Wilkinson       | "It was rare to catch His Holiness at the moment of
Exeter    Devon    UK | transformation into the Infallible Hulk."