Newbie needing help

Gain Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Thu Jan 27 23:34:33 UTC 2005

Mark wrote:

>How do you disable SELinux in FC3? Is it in the package list where I chose the packages I want?
>I picked "Minimum installation" and still got SELinux...
>
>Thanks,
>
>MARK

system-cofnig-securitylevel command or applications->system
configuration->Security Level, go to the SELinux tab and disable. You
WILL *have* to reboot for the changes to take effect. Don't be
surprised, though... You'll still see an audit message at boot time, it
is normal since the kernel itself is SELinux capable and thus it does
this, even it SELinux is not used.