new user needing advice

I am new to Linux and have installed Fedora from a dvd on Linux Format on a 20Gb partition as a secondary OS to WinXP Pro while I get used to it.

I need to learn a bit about the Linux enviroment, and to be able to fully move across from Microsoft, I need to be able to use the programs that I use primarily on my degree: Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Director, Flash, Microsoft Visual Basic. Is there a way that I can use these programs within Linux and produce cross platform output files.

If the answer to the above is yes, are there any really good books that anyone could recommend that give a good overall explanation of Linux in general.

Regards,

Gyles