Linux tutorial?

Brendan McEnaney mcenaney at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 28 01:03:43 UTC 2005

Globe Trotter wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am a statistics instructor who is trying to wean the students out of the
> dreadful ways of Windoze. Does anyone know of a tutorial covering just the
> basic set of tools to get started? Omline would be great, of course!
>
> Thanks and best wishes!

IBM has some great stuff available here (for students that should wind
up taking a keen interest):

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/views/linux/tutorials.jsp?S_TACT=105AGX19&S_CMP=ZHP

...that you may want to take a look at. I found the series titled "LPI
certification 101/102" to be enormously instructive even if
certification isn't a goal. Registration is required but it's painless
and free.

--
B r e n d a n  M c E n a n e y
http://www.speakeasy.net/~mcenaney