SC420 and Vesa driver in FC3

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Fri Jan 28 18:59:30 UTC 2005

Matt Florido wrote:
> Encountered my first minor problem with the installation of FC3.  I
> can't seem to obtain a higher resolution than 1024x768.
>
> FC3 is using the generic Vesa driver.  I've attempted to change monitor
> settings, but nothing will take.  From what I've read, the Vesa is an
> acceptable driver.  Is there something I should attempt?

vesa is a very, VERY generic driver and won't accept resolutions bigger
than standard VGA.  I'm unfamiliar with what an SC420 is, but if you can
tell us what video card it uses, we might suggest a different driver.

Do "lspci -v" and look for something that starts with "VGA-compatible
controller" and post that to the list.
-         If this is the first day of the rest of my life...         -
-                        I'm in BIG trouble!                         -