Home p2p network, need help

Leandro Melo ltcmelo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 22:32:28 UTC 2005

Hi David, thanks for your attention.
I'll try to detail what i want to. I might be getting confused because
of my english. This time i'll try to clearify things.
I have 2 pcs home. Both of them runs windows xp (and one of them also
runs fedora).
This two computers are part of my domestic intranet. In other works, i
have a windows network called "HOME". This way, pc 1 can see pc 2 and
vice-versa. Also, if you share a folder in pc 1, the other can access
it (and vice-versa). This is just an ordinary windows network.
When i connect pc 1 to the internet (using windows and adsl modem ---
I'M NOT USING THE MODEM AS A ROUTER), i configured my windows network
to allow pc 2 to share this connection, what makes sense, as they're
in the same intranet.
Recently, i installed fedora in pc 1 (it has now two o.s.). Pc 1 has
one partition that can be seen by both operating systems. This is a
vfat partition that can be seen by fedora under the folder /windows
and can be seen by windows by D:\.
When i connect pc 1 to the internet running fedora, pc 2 is no longer
able to share the internet connection. So, i only have pc 1 connected
to the internet. What i want to build a "home" or "domestic"  intranet
between pc 1 and pc 2, just like the windows "home" intranet i have.
This way, when i connect pc 1 to the internet running fedora, pc 2 can
share this connection.
Then i'd say, with all my lack of linux experience, that i have to do 2 things.
1 - Create a intranet between pc 1 running fedora and pc 2 running xp.
2 - Configure this intranet to allow pc 2 to share a connection to the
internet when pc 1 is on the internet.
Have i made myself clear?
I'm very new to linux, that's why i have no clue from where i need to start.
Thanks.
Leandro

--
Leandro