And so it begins, installing Linux tonight, last minute questions.

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Sat Jan 29 02:39:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-01-28 at 21:31 -0500, Kyle Lagonegro (Student-Lagone37)
wrote:
> I'm not sure the card...  To be honest with you it was installed when I got the computer, the most I know about it is how to install the Ethernet Controller Driver, so I am a little worried about that.  And as for the "Out of the Box" I downloaded my Linux, so I have no box or instruction manual, just a college campus full of computers is I so need to get help, although it's like -10 degrees out and I'd rather not be traveling tonight, but is need be, I will be.

Let's see if I remember this (it's been awhile). In Windoze, Right click
on "my Computer" and bring up hardware manager. Inspect the network
interface.

Again, I have installed Fedora on a number of machines with different
NICs - some arcane. Never a problem. While there are hundreds of brands,
they tend to rely on common chips. I don't think that I've seen the
problem on this list unless, of course, the affected individuals were
unable to post to the list -;)