Fedora Core 3 Sound Problems....?

James Wilkinson james at westexe.demon.co.uk
Sat Jan 29 09:53:56 UTC 2005

Doug Wandell wrote:
> I had the same issue and it turned out I had not connected the cable
> from my cdrw/dvd drive to the mobo.

XMMS can play sound digitally, without the need for the analogue cable
between the CD drive and the soundcard.

Open XMMS -> right click for a menu -> Preferences -> Audio I/O Plugins
-> CD Audio Player 1.2.10 [libcdaudio.so] -> Configure -> Play mode:
Digital Audio Extraction.

Hope this helps,

James.
--
James Wilkinson       | "Land Rover say it is permanent, I say I have a
Exeter    Devon    UK | large selection of spanners and a big hammer..."