TurboTax - Linux?

Paul subsolar at subsolar.org
Sat Jan 29 16:14:56 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 08:06 -0500, Temlakos wrote:
> That's probably because TurboTax for the Web is written in MS Active
> Server Pages or J-Script Pages or some proprietary mess like that.
> Intuit needs to write things in Java, and otherwise stick to
> W3C-compliant code. Until they do--well, I suppose we'll have to learn
> how to run IE5 on WINE--if we can /get/ IE5 separate and apart from Windows.

IE 6sp1 works fine under the last couple releases of wine....

You can use WINE Tools to install it plus a few other things.
http://www.von-thadden.de/Joachim/WineTools/

I stopped using TurboTAX and switched to TaxCut because of the stupid
copy protection added to TurboTAX that modifies the MBR.  I don't like
the idea of all my tax information being on-line so I have never used
the on-line tax service.

Paul