TurboTax - Linux?

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at privatei.com
Sat Jan 29 16:22:47 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 10:51 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 08:43:38AM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > You can also spoof IE 6 on Windows XP if you like. I have found this to
> > be quite useful for sites with overzealous and usually unnecessary
> > browser checks. Sometimes I wish Firefox would do it as well, though I
> > understand the rationale as to why they won't...
>
> There's an extension for Firefox to do this, actually, and that's what I
> used. But I shouldn't have to do this.

I'll definitely look for that extension. Do you remember the name or is
it really obvious?

> I complained to Intuit -- it'd be nice if other people would too.

Already did. And in my complaint, I told them this is why I won't use
TurboTax online this year - they're losing a customer who has used their
online service for the last 4 years.

BTW - TaxCut Online (http://www.taxcut.com) is backed by H&R Block and
works flawlessly with Firefox, including the multimedia extensions if
you have them loaded.

Cheers,

Chris

--