moving to linux

Maxim Eremeev maxim_eremeev at umail.ru
Sat Jan 29 21:14:18 UTC 2005

Ron Watson wrote:

> I just installed fedora 2, the fedora 3 anaconda would crash when it
> looked at my
> partitions, put in 2.6.9, then updated last night to 2.6.10.... I have
> fat32 and ntfs
> partitions, w98 and w2k installed but oopsie, i told it to put the
> boot loader on
> main disk and w2k won't load. tried to mount them and doesn't know
> about ntfs.
> How do I add ntfs support to kernel or restore the windoze boot loader
> to "C:"?

Well, it is relatively easy to restore the Win2K boot loader. You just
need its installation disc, then you boot from it into recovery console and
fixboot
fixmbr
should do the trick.
However then you will need to reinstall your grub through recovery disc,
and I suggest you to search through the posts here as the problem of
dual (and even triple) boot was discussed several times.
Good luck,
Maxim.