Could an Intel 486 wake up with FC3

Could somebody advice me if it is a good idea to do so.
I have an Intel 486 DX4-S mechine with 504MBs of HDD
and 16MB's of RAM. it is hardly running windows 98 and Internet. (very slow and with a lot of crashes and stucks).
could someone advice me to put FC1 on it and test???
May I try it? hope your advice from the list. I want to enjoy the power of Linux in different ways
ThX in advance
Mohan