tvnuner problem

Mick Mearns off_by_1 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 14:01:28 UTC 2005

--- panko <no-reply-gw at fcp.homelinux.org> wrote:

> OK i have searched the forum and google for my problem but so far no
> luck. I have a tvtuner (Pixelview playtv pro) and it was working
> fine. One day I decided to borrow it to a friend to capture some old
> family videos. After the restart kudzu asked me if I want to remove
> or save the configuration i and i saved it. Now after i put it back i
> have the following problem /dev/video0 is missing and radio
> too.Tvtime says so and I checked and there are no such devices.
> Otherwise its stil there dmesg, lspci.  I have Fedora 3.

Hello;
  try re-runnung kudzu as root and delete/remove the tuner.
If that fails then poweroff and remove the tuner.
Run kudzu and delete/remove it.
Poweroff and reinsert and tell kudzu to reconfigure it.

It sounds like you either put it in a diferent PCI slot,
or your BIOS assigned a different setup for it.

Mick

=====
Dogs have Masters - Siamese Cats have Staff!