Videos?

V P list307 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 19:01:02 UTC 2005

On 7/26/05, Jesse Jarzynka <jesse at jessejoe.com> wrote:
> Hey all, why on FC4 can nautilus only preview .mpg videos? For .avi and
> .wmv it just shows the icon, not the video preview. Also xine will only
> play .mpg, but mplayer will play them all. I have all the codecs
> installed obviously since mplayer will play them, but why can't nautilus
> or xine see anything but .mpg?

For xine you will have to download the "essential codecs" and
"additional binary codecs" tarballs from the mplayer site (
www.mplayerhq.hu ). Both have install instructions on how to use with
xine. Once installed, you shouldn't have any problems with .avi & .wmv
files on xine.

--
Registered Linux User #374218

Minister of Offense, Preserver of the Way
of the Great Llama, Ambassador to India
for the Republic of Loungevania