Re: Change Disk from IDE to SCSI using dd, what else ?

On 6/30/05, Timothy Murphy <tim birdsnest maths tcd ie> wrote:
> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
> I don't see why there should be any need to make a new initrd -
> the initrd with the distribution should work with scsi discs -
> presumably the kernel will load the required scsi modules.

I have scsi disks and have to switch controllers because my original
is dying.  I can not boot with the new controller until I boot with
the rescue CD and then regenerate the initrd (mkinitrd is the command)
file.  The initrd on the rescue CD has all of the SCSI drivers, but
the one on the system will not.  (It is generated at kernel install
time).