Remote sound configuration advice needed.

Uno Engborg uno at webworks.se
Fri Jul 1 00:59:15 UTC 2005

I am trying to get remote sound working in FC4. It should work with both
KDE and Gnome applications. Some of them run from a remote server and
displays their GUI on local workstations others run directly on such
local workstations. This means that some kind of sound server would need
to run on the local workstations to help the X server with the sound
part of the applications.
But should it be esd artsd or something else. How does newer stuff like
gstreamer fit into this?
Most of the users use Gnome as their default desktop.

Any advice on how to set this up appreciated. There are so many
different ways to handle
sond in Linux that I don't know where to start.

Thanks
Uno Engborg