Cannot install FC3 or FC4

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Fri Jul 1 01:47:46 UTC 2005

I had FC3 inslled on my Pentium III 667 box, however trying to update to
FC4 kept giving me problems, so on the advice of some, I removed the
particions and tried installing FC4.  Same problems:

"no modul named constants_text"

My command line for the install was "linux ide=nodma skipddc" to take
care of no finding the CDROM and problems with the monitor.

Then I tried my FC3 install and got basically the same errors.  Baffling!

Find a copy of RH 6 on my shelf, I tied that and it installed perfectly.

What am I missing?  The box is old hardware (Pentium III with a 800 X
600 graphics card), but I was able to install FC 3 at one time with no
problems.

So, what has changed:

I installed a new KVM and the monitor is new, but they were all working
with FC3 (no switches in the install).

Todd