FC4 nfs install failure

Paul Elliott pelliott at io.com
Fri Jul 1 11:57:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, Jul 01, 2005 at 12:47:34PM +0100, M A Young wrote:
> On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, Paul Elliott wrote:
>
> > FC4 is failing to network install with nfs!
> > I get "that directory could not be mounted from the server"
> > error message.
> >
> > Same server works fine installing FC3 same setup!
>
> I have successfully done NFS installs of FC4, so if there is a bug it must
> depend on the machines you are using, but I would be inclined to check for
> configuration problems first; are you sharing the directory with the FC4
> install image in, are the server and directory information correct and
> does that particular client have permission to mount them, and are you
> using an FC4 install image?
>
> 	Michael Young

Install image? Do you mean the .iso files or the directory
containing the Fedora directory?

My server logs nfs mount attempts (successful and unsuccessful)
and no such attempts are being logged. For FC4. I see the requests
for FC3.

--
Paul Elliott                       1(512)837-1096
pelliott at io.com                    PMB 181, 11900 Metric Blvd Suite J