Re: Mozilla 1kb download manager bug -- follow-up

Mike McCarty wrote:

Benjamin Sher wrote:

Dear friends:

If you try to download a file with Mozilla 1.7.8, you will get a 1kb error message at the end of install. Please see screenshot at:

http://www.websher.net/temp/mozilla_download1.jpg

I received a letter from Neil of Mozilla informing that this is a well-known bug and that he does not know if or when this bug will be fixed.

As it is, this 1kb bug really cripples Mozilla. And it's a real shame.

[snip]

I see that you are using the "download manager". Does this happen when you use
the progress dialog box option? I prefer them, anyway, and that's what I use.

Mike

Aha! I wasn't aware of that! That really makes my day. Switching to the progress bar results in a fine "Finished" download. Thanks so much.

Benjamin