openssh auto login

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jul 1 23:47:02 UTC 2005

Am Sa, den 02.07.2005 schrieb Bill Rees um 1:38:

>        I upgraded a redhat 7.3 system to FC4 and one of the problems
> that has surfaced is that the ssh auto login feature that worked on 7.3,
> no longer works.  According to the man page for ssh, there is a
> challenge/response phase to ssh authentication types where a
> private/public key pair are involved.  A simple private/public key pair
> on the client and the public key on the server.
>
>     The web has mostly the same description of things to do with the
> only added item the ssh-agent.  Ufortunately, I'm trying to get a cron
> job to access my server via rsync -e ssh.  So can anyone clue me in to
> what I've missed?  I made sure the challenge response feature was
> enabled in sshd_config, that authorized key authentication was enabled,
> and PubkeyAthenitication was enabled.
>
> bill r

Use keychain; it is perfect for cron jobs. I use it for running
rdiff-backup unattended. cron does not read in the ssh-agent credentials
by it's own.

http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/keychain/index.xml

http://dev.gentoo.org/~agriffis/keychain/

Alexander

Serendipity 01:44:39 up 6 days, 8:36, load average: 0.25, 0.25, 0.19